Wednesday, January 28, 2009

"Pictures of the Week" Nicholas Thomas Henderson

This is a picture of my great grandfather Nicholas Thomas Henderson. He went by N.T. He was a dentist.

He liked golf quite a bit I have heard, so this is a great picture. My uncle Mark recently told me the following about him:

When he came to visit them, he always took the boys out for a golf lesson, "whether they wanted to or not".


As the years went on he didn't like to have to pull his golf clubs around. So he fixed up a gasoline powered engine to attach to his golf club bag. It had a throttle to control it. Mark said that it often looked like the bag was going faster than he was. I sure wish we had a picture of that!

The other picture is N.T. with some of his golf trophies. This picture was taken in front of his home on Military Drive in 1932.

I would love to hear more stories about him...hint, hint, all my aunts and uncles. If you don't know how to leave a comment, have one of your children teach you...otherwise, e-mail me at funseekerfamilyhistory@gmail.com.

No comments: